Please click here for our RETURN policy.
KANON QUALITY: All KANON tools are thoroughly checked and tested at the factory before shipment. The accuracy of each tool is as stated in the specifications of each model. Hand tool durability is based on repeated use tests over a minimum of 100,000 cycles by a durability testing machine.
MAHO Service, Inc. ("MAHO") warrants this Kanon tool against material defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase ("warranty period"). Warranty work will be done in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
A. Your responsibilities:
To qualify for warranty repair or replacement, you must comply with all of the following:
1. You must first obtain authority to return the tool in writing via a Request for Return Materials Authorization ("RMA"). The RMA can be obtained from the address/phone number described below. Please be prepared to give your name, address, work day telephone number, a description of the problem and a copy of your dated receipt, invoice, bill of sale or other similar document which contains the serial number of the returned tool and the date of original retail purchase in order to obtain your RMA.
2. Within 14 days after receiving your RMA, you must return the tool, with transportation prepaid, to MAHO Service, Inc., 5550 Cerritos Ave, Suite H, Cypress, CA 90630 U.S.A, Telephone number: 714-220-1878
3. You must include your RMA with the returned tool. Tools returned without your RMA will render the RMA invalid and the tool will be shipped back to you at your expense.
4. Properly pack the tool (preferably in the original carton) so as to prevent damage to the tool in transit. You may choose to insure the tool but this is not required.
B. Instances where there is no warranty protection:
The exceptions and exclusions from this warranty are as follows:
1. Excludes consumable or expendable parts.
2. The periodic calibration of the tool is not covered by warranty.
3. This warranty extends only to you, the original purchaser. It is not transferable to anyone who subsequently purchased this tool from you.
4. If the tool has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of any Act of God, accident, abuse, misuse, neglect or misapplication, unauthorized alteration or modification, has been serviced by anyone other than MAHO or an authorized reseller or authorized service provider, has not been properly maintained or used or operated according to the operator's manual, or if the serial number for the tool has been removed or defaced, exposure to excessive temperature or humidity, or exposure to extreme environmental or weather conditions.
C. MAHO Service, Inc.'s responsibilities:
1. During the warranty period, MAHO will, at no charge to you, repair or replace defective parts with new parts or, at its option, with serviceable used parts that are equivalent or superior to new parts in performance. All exchanged parts will be the property of MAHO and will not be returned to you. If MAHO is unable to restore the tool to good working order, you are entitled to a refund of your purchase price.
2. The repaired tool will be returned to you at MAHO's expense within a reasonable time after receipt.
3. Should MAHO determine that the tool is not defective, is not covered by the warranty or is outside of the warranty term, MAHO shall return the tool to you, at your expense, without being repaired or replaced.
D. Other terms and conditions:
1. Any tool which has been repaired or replaced under this warranty shall be covered for the remainder of the original warranty as extended by the number of days that the tool has been out of your hands for repair.
2. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE YOU PURCHASED THE TOOL.
3. NEITHER MAHO NOR KANON, THEIR RESPECTIVE DEALERS, OR AFFILIATES ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INCONVENIENCE OR DAMAGE, WHETHER SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER KNOWN OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO OESS USA, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, DAMAGE TO OR REPLACEMENT OF OTHER EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY AND PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY, THE INABILITY TO USE THE TOOL OR UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY IN CONTRACT OR TORT. THESE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES GIVEN BY MAHO IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE AND USE OF THE TOOL. NO OTHER WARRANTIES, ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE GIVEN.
4. IN ANY EVENT, MAHO'S AND KANON'S ENTIRE LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL PURCHASE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE DEFECTIVE TOOL. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT OR A CLAIM MADE, UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR AS A TORT CLAIM (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY), A CONTRACT CLAIM OR ANY OTHER CLAIM. THIS LIMITATION CANNOT BE WAIVED OR AMENDED BY ANY PERSON. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS EFFECTIVE EVEN IF MAHO OR ANY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF MAHO HAS BEEN ADVISED BY YOU OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, HOWEVER, SHALL NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS OF PERSONAL INJURY.
5. No MAHO dealer, agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, change or amendment to this warranty.
6. MAHO reserves the right under its tool improvement policy to change construction or design details without any obligation of notice or without regard to previous models.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or liability for incidental or consequential damages, or do not allow a limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. You are advised to contact applicable state laws for a full determination of your rights. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.